Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday, March 26

Scripture for the Day:      Jesus said, ‘I can do nothing on my own.   As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek to do not my own will but the will of him who sent me.  ‘If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. There is another who testifies on my behalf, and I know that his testimony to me is true. You sent messengers to John,  and he testified to the truth. Not that I accept such human testimony, but I say these things so that you may be saved. He was a burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light. But I have a testimony greater than John’s. The works that the Father has given me to complete, the very works that I am doing, testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified on my behalf. – John 5:30-37a


Reflection - Linda Atkins


If you asked me, I would probably not describe myself as a spiritual person. My faith in God has always been a part of my identity, but it was immature, a function of memorized catechism and rote prayers that were part of my Catholic upbringing.   A faith set on the back burner through much of my adult life, until the responsibility of bringing faith to my children interceded.  The journey to explore and deepen my faith is still continuing. I can honestly say that the presence of God in my life today makes me feel supported and loved, and blessed in so many ways. Prayer is beginning to be more a part of my life, remembering to thank Him as well as feeling able to ask, too. The bumps in the road don’t seem so scary, because I’m learning to turn to God for help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment