Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wednesday, March 17

Scripture for the Week:

For a thousand years in your sight

are like a day that has just gone by,

or like a watch in the night.

You sweep us away in the sleep of death;

they are like the new grass of the morning –

though in the morning it springs up new,

by evening it is dry and withered.

Teach us to number our days aright,

that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

- Psalm 90:4-6, 12

Reflection –

Isaiah 26:3 inspiration:

I lay all my cares upon You.

I lay all of my burdens down at your feet.

And any time that I don’t know what to do

I will cast all my cares upon You.

When the door between a dark room and a brightly lit room is opened darkness does not flood the lit room.

In my daily journal I often record the prayer that God will take over my thoughts, actions and priorities. I pray that God will sit in my driver’s seat and maneuver the vehicle I call my life. I pray that He will be the brakes, the accelerator and my GPS. I pray for the humility to allow Him to control me, my journey, my day and my schedule. I pray that He will allow me only to see straight ahead, like a horse with blinders on, so that I will not become distracted or discouraged.

I am always amazed at the change in my outlook and the how the road in front of me seems to smooth out when I allow Him to be in charge. At the end of many days I am truly astounded at how He has enabled me. At those times I wonder what gets into me at other times when I think I can go it alone, know better than He and want or need to be in control.

I also keep another journal in which I jot down 3-5 things I feel grateful for at the moment. It may be as simple as NOT having any pain, having the energy to put one foot in front of the other or having the ability to bathe myself. When I review it I give praise and thanks to the One who provides. This has proven to be beneficial before going to bed at night.

These are just a few ideas and affirmations that may help others to be still and cultivate attentiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment